I don’t even know where to start.
I thought we were such good friends.
What happened?
It made me wonder if those days were
just mere pretense so that one day you can take advantage of my trust. I didn’t
want to phrase it that way, but I think I had waited long enough. Is 6 months
not long enough? 6 months of playing hide and seek. 6 months of remaining uncontactable
and busy to the point, where you cannot even show the least concern when one of
our sister had a bad accident. Just what are you thinking?
I know probably around the same
time, we have been bugging you about our money. But still, there is absolutely
NO reason at all for you to avoid us; IF
WE ARE TRULY GOOD FRIENDS. You can argue that you have been busy or
that you were caught up with a hurricane. But don’t you find all these too much
of a coincidence? You had all the time to play around so happily with your new
girlfriend, and had the time to attend one of our friend’s wedding. But you
just cannot spare even a single second to reply our messages.
All along, I kept giving the both of
us excuses to keep this trust alive. I gave myself tons of reasons. I told
myself that you may be in a difficulty, and therefore I will not pressure you
anymore about the money. I told myself that you probably were very busy, and
therefore I will looking forward to the usual night supper that
we used to have.
But I just cannot seem to convince
myself that you actually think that it is FINE to just IGNORE us entirely;
just like that!
You were always there, when I needed
a listening ear. We talked about everything, and I shared with you all my
troubles and happiness. I thought you were THAT
FRIEND that I could keep. Why? Then I decided that maybe, just maybe, when
you had settled down a little, you might contact me yourself. BUT 6 MONTHS ALREADY and STILL NOTHING.
YOU KNEW WHAT WOULD HURT ME THE MOST AND YOU STILL CHOSE TO DO EXACTLY
THAT.
So I guess you have conveniently
joined back the other group and chose to let us go. It’s like a win for you,
isn’t it? Those people are your best friends and who are best friends with your
girlfriend as well. How wonderful. Fact is, I’m not as sore about the money as
I am with YOUR BEHAVIOUR. Even if you were to tell me, you got into a life threatening crisis; I don't think I will be able to empathize. I am extremely disappointed.
To save your face, I chose not to pester those who are close to you, including your new girlfriend. To save your face, I didn’t want to bother you
and decided to wait till you approach me. To save your face, I had to live with
people telling me, “I told you so” and I still chose to believe in you.
YET...
Have you spared any thoughts for me?
Have you?
For even just a little?
I'm in a dilemma. I don't know if this friendship is worth saving.
Can you tell me?