Thursday, November 3, 2011

Where's the Tooth Fairy?

My wisdom tooth started hurting really badly since last Sunday, until on Tuesday, I really couldn't take the pain anymore, Mummy decided to bring me to the dentist. The pain was so serious that it was giving me headaches and I couldn't eat properly. So I've been eating porridge all those while.

At the dental clinic, the dentist, an uncle checked my gums and said that my upper wisdom is biting on my lower gums, causing the swell and pain. I thought I could just get some pain killers and wait for it to go away. But the doctor said I had to pluck it away, because there is already no space for it to grow, and the pain will keep coming back.

When he said I had to extract it, I was so frightened. It's like almost a panic attack. But he said, it's going to be quick. Mummy also said that it would be better to take it out. I had no choice. I was given some pills to eat, then he sprayed some anaesthetics, and injected 2 shots of the remaining anaesthetics to my gums. It was painful and I was like growling away. Then he gave me another shot because he knows I'm worried about the pain. That made my whole right jaw numbed all the way to my ear. Shiok ar!

But I was still really nervous. Then he started the plucking after waiting for a minute to let the drug take effect. The whole extraction process was horrifying. He was yanking away and I could feel it being pulled left and right out of my gum. I was scared shitless and kept yelling and grabbing on to anything I could. The nurse came to hold my hand and tried to calm me down. But I couldn't. 

Then mummy saw that my face was paling, like the previous time we went to the chinese sensei. So she came over and held on to me and give me some courage. It was like a horror film. Really. Then the process was over, I was sooooooooooooooooooooo RELLIEVED! The doctor was satisfied too. He proudly showed me the tooth. But my tears were clouding my eyee, I couldn't see properly. Mummy was scared I might faint if I see my tooth covered in blood. But good things there were tears in my eyes.

I get to keep my tooth. LOL! And we were at the counter waiting for my medicine. My whole body was freezing, like super low on blood pressure. I think I was really too scared and nervous. I was given the strongest pain killers, some antibiotics and a 2 pack of gauze. Now looking back, the extraction wasn't so bad after all. It was just my nervousness.

I'm so grateful to the doctor. Because I was screaming away in the room but he was not wavered, he didn't get irritated. He kept telling me its okay, its coming out. Don't worry and all. Haha! So much drama for a day. And I'm Bo-Gey! It's still bleeding now. But it's healing well. =) I can eat now. I'm so happy.