Monday, October 17, 2011

A TRIP TO KHOO TECK PUAT

Alright, Im here again.
I'm going to bomb this blog with my wonder stories again!
No choice, because my life is too exciting!

Misfortune bestowed on me on Last Wednesday's Chomp Chomp dinner. We cabbed down together with his campmates to Serangoon. Then we met up with their girlfriends and we took a bus down to Chomp Chomp. It was mad crowded but what was worse was that many of the so called better stalls were closed. So we had delicious carrot cakes, then horrible fried oysters, medium rare chicken wings and tasteless satay beehoon.

Baobao and Sebas went to buy hokkien mee from the famous stall, but because the assistant was too cocky, they decided to buy from another stall. Obviously, the taste was not as good as the famous stall. But well, it was edible. Later did we know, it was more of a disaster that just being edible. Still, we went home happily with a bloated stomach.

Then next morning at about 6am, I woke up with a pain in my stomach. I thought it was cramp, so I just kept tumbling in bed. I woke Baobao up at 7 am because he was going to the polyclinic with Sebas to see a doctor. I told Baobao about the pain and he helped me dig out my pink pills. But then I realise that the pain was in the stomach rather than the usual cramp area. I suggested that it was indigestion.

Baobao asked me to rest as he go to the polyclinic first. As he walked out of the door, I told him I felt like vomiting and he asked me to go ahead if that will make me feel better. So I held on to a plastic bag as I try to sleep. But few minutes later, I immediately felt an excruciating pain that I had to rush to the toilet, and that was went the diarrhea started. I was in the toilet for half and hour. When I came out, Baobao called to say that Sebas had got food poisoning.

So he asked me if I wanted to go to the clinic with him. I got scared and so I went to wash up and got ready to go. As I was washing my face, the vomit so suddenly came up my throat and I started puking everything I had eaten last night. I could smell that satay beehoon. The smell was horrible. I woke my parents up and told them that I probably had food poisoning too. Then mummy gave me some chinese medicine to see if I feel better. But as time passed by and I was trying hard to suppress the pain, I couldn't take it anymore. I called Baobao home immediately to bring me to the doctor.

By the time he came back, I had already vomitted 3 times and shitted too many times, I lost count. Baobao cabbed me to Khoo Teck Puat hospital as soon as he came back and we met Sebas there, still waiting for his queue number to be called. He was sent there via ambulance from the Woodlands Polyclinic. Good thing I didn't go there because the ambulance would have costed a bomb to me. Everything would be free for army personnel. Lucky shit.

But he was not so lucky when it comes to putting the drip. The doctor at the polyclinic seemed like an inexperienced doctor, because he couldn't even put a proper IV into Sebas. He tried poking every possible places leaving him with 4 holes and still failing. When I saw him with those plasters on his hand, I just feel so bad for him.

Besides that, he had been waiting at the hospital for quite some time already, and after he was assessed by the doctor, he was made to wait again. But when it was my turn to be assessed, I was immediately brought to the ward for an IV. LoL! Later I got to know that Poor Sebas had to have his IV on his wheelchair, and he was dripped from the most painful part of the body, which was also the only place that the doctor could access after having four holes in his entire hand. He was dripped from the flip side of his palm.

I could not imagine the pain that he had because even mine was already quite painful for me. The ant bite was a LIE! It was so much more painful that an ant bite! My stomach was hurting so much I could not stay still in my bed. My whole body was shivering and shaking drastically. I was feeling really cold but Baobao said it wasn't cold. So he got me a few more blankets and I tried my best to sleep.

    
                             Look at my pale face.                                    The pack of drip.

Baobao took these photo while I was in my sleep. LOL!
I think he was pretty excited.

When the drip was done and the doctor woke me up to say that he's gonna remove the needle. I don't know, call me drama queen or whatever, but I was really happy to see Baobao's face when I opened my eyes. He was still there smiling at me, relieved that I am feeling so much better. I still feel like shitting though, but at least  I got my energy back!

The medical fee was 91 bucks!
What an expensive Chomp Chomp dinner!
I'll never ever go back there again!

Story had not ended yet.

All three of us cabbed home and later in the afternoon, Baobao started to feel funny too. Then it was his turn to start bombing my toilet. LOL! Liquid shit is the most irritating and disgusting shit ever! It comes out in small portion but long intervals. Then it had your stomach growling like nobody's business, and it was definitely a PAIN IN THE ASS!

We went to the hospital again for Baobao to see the doctor and he had BETTER MEDICINE THAN ME! At least he had all the diarrhea medicines. I had none of those. What I had were for stomach pain, vomiting and replenish water. Absolutely nothing to tackle the problem of diarrhea!

At the end of the day, Baobao had already recovered and I'm still shitting!
So Baobao shared his medicine with me.
Let's see if those works.

That's one piece of shit story! LOL!