Tuesday, July 5, 2011

TRANSFORMERS!

FRIDAY WAS EVENTFUL!

I had a project focus group in the school library in the late afternoon. We had failed the first time because of wrong selecting wrong sample and sample size. It was a horrible experience for us. But many credits to my boyfriend Micky, the second focus group were a success. He helped me pull 3 of his super talkative campmates to join my interview, and also thanks alot to Benard who rushed over to my school in such short notice.

Im really glad that the second interview group was so much more responsive than the first we managed to pull off of a good 50 minutes long session. And thanks to the 4 musketeers, the interview was also jammed with embarrassing comments and funny moments. But I really feel bad for the 2 china girls who were invited right off the library grounds. They were so lost. =(

Anyway, after the interview, JS had to change his clothes and LS kindly offered his wardrobe. So they went back for a makeover while we had a snack at the canteen. Sebastian was so surprised that the school's Macdonald's is so freaking cheap. Kinda like an epiphany I guess.

We met up with JSLS at the train station and travelled down to town. We had the renowned chicken rice at Fareast plaza, it was so-so for me though. After that, we still had time in our hands, so LS suggested we go shopping at Shaw house Isetan. It houses many awesome retailers and I was so excited to go shopping for clothes again.

But to my horror, they actually went shopping at the supermarket. That was really unexpected, but it was eye-widening still because you can really find many interesting items in the store. Then they found this soju corner and started testing all the soju and trying to irritate the promoter. LOL! But they still bought 2 bottles anyway, and were stuffed into poor Baobao’s bag.

While waiting for the TIME, we chances upon an ‘er-hu’ player and he was freaking awesome! His skills were really good and he was playing all the Chinese romance selections. The whole atmosphere was so romantic. We were so happy that they decided to contribute a token of appreciation to him. The best street performing artiste we’ve ever encountered so far. Finally, Ah Jian and Elene met up with us, and we moved off to our greatest adventure.

‘TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon’

It was the best choice we had ever made to watch it in IMAX theatre. The pictures were really, REALLY, I’m not kidding, FIVE CM away from your face. It was so close it felt as though we were literally IN the movie watching everything that was happening.

Before the movie even started, they had an introduction to IMAX 3D featuring the underwater creatures. We were so excited as though we were 3 years old. Then there was this part where the stone fish suddenly took a bite and we were startled because SERIOUSLY, it just happen RIGHT IN OUR FACES! Pardon my over-excitement. But imagine watching a horror show in IMAX, I would probably go into a seizure.

IMAX not only excels in its quality and environment, but it also multiplies your excitement by 1000 times. I mean the part where bumblebee was going to die and he was showing this really sad expression. I was practically going MAD! I was like BUMBLEBEE!!!!!!!!!! I could barely hold on to my emotions.

After the movie, we went over to Wendy’s for supper. By then, I was really tired and I still have work the next day! ZOMG! But it was definitely worth it. Now I understand why even when we made advance booking, all that was left was the first few rows, and it was like still 3 week more to go? More than 20 time slots gone in an instant.

All for IMAX Transformers.
Awesome!
pictures will be uploaded tonight