Monday, July 20, 2009

Hello Kerkrade


Arrival


Finally landed in Amsterdam safely at 525am in the morning. Though it was 525am, but the sun was already out and it looked like 7am in Singapore. Waited at the baggage area for quite some time, because our stuff were last to come out. After collecting everything. We went out of the airport to load the stuff into our transport and boarded the bus towards our hostel.

I swear the air in Holland IS FREAKKING COOLING. If you think the air in Singapore is fresh, Holland is way better than that. I CAN'T STOP taking in deep breathe. It makes breathing so easy. But there are alot of smokers too. So I didn't exactly breathe too much.

I'm currently in the coach travelling to our hostel. Everyone's asleep now. Scenery is perfect for the eyes. Because it's GREEN everywhere. Love it. There are cows and sheeps. Windmill. Oh gosh, I wish I could live here. Was too lazy to take photo. But good thing WeeOng was enthusiatic about it. He offered to take pictured for me.

Weather here is a little rainy and that makes the air a little chilly. But I worked in a cold room before. This kind of chill is acceptable for me. I'm enjoying it. Didn't even have to wear my Windbreaker. It's 8.38 in the morning now, and from my laptop, it's 2.35pm in Singapore. 6 hours difference. Cool huh. Poor class, must be having sharepoint lesson from that witch now... LOL!

I'm looking at our photos now
Baobao. I miss you hugs.
I miss your warmth.
If only you're here to keep me warm. =)

The coach just stopped. I'm having toilet breaking in the middle of nowhere, except one petrol station, Texaco. Nice place to get robbed.



Hostel



Afternoon was cool. Checked in into our hostel. It was a typical european building, made of red bricks. Nice structures. It is a primary school, so toilets are small and the bathroom is an open open bathroom. No cubicles. Just one shower room with 5 shower points. I really don't know how I am going to bathe. Sighh...

After unpacking, there was no instruction, so many of us went exploring outside. But not long after were called back because we were not allowed to go out yet. Gathered at the canteen and had our lunch. Guess what was served? Lots of bread, cheese, hams and cereals. LOL! I'm going for my cup noodles tonight.

Not long after we were done with eating, we were prepared to head out for excursion. Walked an area of woodlands plus admiralty to look for Benny's birthday present. Went to the Mart and looked for cakes. We bought a pie. LOL! Saw alot of interesting things and this town is HELL YELLOW!!! The people are really friendly here, everything about this place is about WMC, it's the city of WMC and IT'S SO YELLOW EVERYWHERE!! LOL! I love this town. It's so great. If only Baobao is here with me. And there are lots and lots of dogs! They are even allowed in the shops. So cool lah! There is also a shop dedicated for WMC. So we bought a shirt for benny too.

On the way walking back to our hostel, they stopped by the cemetery. Some of us didn't dare to go in. So we waited outside. Wei Ling and I were sitting by the road and a car approached us. There were 2 guys and one of them asked where is the stadium. I was like, do look local? LOL! Then they asked if WeiLing was single. SO Funny la! And we were laughing it off. LOL! What a lousy pick up line, the stadium? What a joke lo. LOL!

Now we're back in the hostel and everyone is practicing their instruments already. I'm here blogging. LOL! So slack. All my members are oiling and cleaning their instruments. I'll... do it later. Teehee~

Okok, I'll do it now. =) DINNER SOON.. YAY!!
Then we'll leave hostel again for our rehearsal at some place 30 minutes from here.

I miss my friends and family.
I miss my Baobao the most. Hope his legs are better now.



1st Night



We had dinner at 5pm. Soup was served first, then the buffet which consisted of rice, curry? and salad -__-". Dessert was chocolate pudding or yogurt. Not bad, just when we were craving for rice. After dinner, we took a 15 mintues coach ride to the place we booked for rehearsal. But there was miscommunication and we ended up wandering in the streets. After what was about half an hour or so, the guy in charge of the place took us to another venue. It was a bar.

Had practice till 920 and by then almost half of us were asleep. LOL! So Dr goh, our conductor decided to let us off early. Sounded like a great deal huh? But we still ended up wasting another hour waiting for our coaches to come. What a bad day. My energy very low already.

Reached back to our bunk and the bathroom was damn crowded. So we decided to celebrate benny's birhday first. Camped at the hall outside our bunks for him to come back from his bath. His reaction was funny lah. So solemn. Anyway, after cutting the pie, 4 of us girls dashed to the shower room to set up the curtains we brought and made ourselves, then we started to shower 2 by 2.

After showering, we finished up the pies. And now, I'm going to sleep already.
Tomorrow band sectionals start at 10am. Gosh, so early.

By the way, the day here is much longer than the night. I mean, day break was around 5am and at around 10pm it still looks like 7pm in Singapore. So.. not cool. Sigh, longer day means more tiring. Received messages from Baobao but each time I want to reply him, my mind was consciously reminding me about overseas charges. But I so have the urge to reply him. So moodless right now. I shall sleep.