I don't deny that I do have immense fetish for army guys. But I guess this is as far as my fetish brings me. I used to feel so passionately about the army and was proud of everyone men and women who serves the nation. No matter how much people detest the army, I still think that the strict procedures are necessary even though, I do agree that they may seem very merciless and sometimes nonsensical. But we need to understand that the military is not a playground for kids. We are dealing with human lives here. If you resent the long SOPs of certain situations, then don't complain when your loved ones suffered during training.
The army is a place to train people to be ready for fights and not to prevent them from one. I don't know how to phrase it better but perhaps let me give an illustration. If you would not excuse yourself from running away from chasing enemy during a war, you wouldn't excuse yourself from IPPT. If you would not excuse yourself from packing all your important stuffs at home when you run from war, you would not excuse yourself from carrying the field packs. If you would not excuse yourself from constant search for safe grounds and sanctuary during a war, you would not excuse yourself from route march. AND MANY MANY MORE.
Ultimately, I do not understand why do people resent army training so much. It is the best time we can go through hardships together with the people we will entrust our lives to. Army is the place where we find true brothers. Orientation camps in school is stupid, but it is fun because we meet people and we complete activities together. Army training works the same. OBS camps and youth camps and whatever shit are so popular, but why people deter the thought of joining the military? You even get paid for that, hello? Where else do you get to use a rifle or operate a tank? Where else can you learn to navigate and air-bon, and first aid skills?
No matter how tough army can be, I used to be very supportive about it. However, I have come to realise, that gone were the glorious days where the trainings are truly about equipping the soldiers with patriotic sensation and pride and skills for survival and victories. Now, it is all about making up the numbers and the pension and the cover page of the magazines. Of course I do not refer to all, but sadly it applies to most companies.
I need to re-organize my thoughts because I have so much to say.