Attachment had finally started.
First day was a little weird. I got lost the moment I step into the mall, but fortunately I still managed to find that place. They had morning briefing and it was super weird. First day of attachment, the manager was already walking around scolding people. I don't know if he had wanted to show some 'air' to us on our first day to set a standard, or maybe he was just like this everyday.
I can tell that the management of the store was really bad. It didn't seem like a good place for reference if I ever wanted to go into a business. And the manager didn't introduce us to his team of staffs. He did brought us around the store to check out the individual departments and store and the emergency exits. But after that, he left us alone, to die on our own.
I was posted to the ladies' department and it was really confusing for my first day of attachment. Well, I don't know about Ken because he was at the Men's department upstairs. I was like a lost sheep and no one offered to guide me. I had to ask around for instructions and maybe some hints on what exactly was I supposed to do. But they all just kept transferring me to someone else, asking me to go look for the name that I don't even know belonged to who! Finally, they dumped me at the infamous trash ground, 'cashier pond'.
Fortunately, I was attached to this nice lady, Melissa. She was extremely friendly and helpful. She didn't hate the fact that I was new and offered to stay and help me with the cashiering. She also shared with me many experience that she had in her years with the company, and gave me some suggestions on how to handle some difficult situations.
Day 2 was quick. The manager was not around and so there was no morning briefing. I was stuck with cashiering again. But I managed to pester Melissa to give me some things to do and she let me pack some stocks with her. I wonder what Ken and Celia were assigned to do. I wonder if I was the only lost sheep here. But as I was getting bored to the max, Baobao messaged me something really sweet: "here's a song for you, 'Baby I love you & I'll never let you go'". And he told me to 'jiayou'. It made my day.
I seriously couldn't stone-standing for long hours. By the end of the day, my legs were hurting so much I had to cripple home. Maybe I'll get used to it. But when Baobao called me just now, I cried. That loneliness of fighting alone at some place so far away from comfort zone was unbearable. But I know that it is time for me to grow some strong wings. I need to learnt to be independent soon.
I did thought of giving up.
But then again, maybe not this time.
Now my offs and Baobao's offs are so not synced. What should I do. I am not allowed to change shift. I am not allowed to take MCs. I am entitled to no leave! And hell started on Valentine's to begin with. What the pork! Sigh~~~~
Alright. Sleeping liaos.