Tuesday, July 28, 2009
GOING HOME
LAST DAY!!!
Amanda woke me up at 9am in the morning. Then Kesha and Weiling came over to our room to meet us. Both of us quickly washed up and we went down for breakfast. I didn't eat much though, was damn sick of the food there already. After breakfast, we went back to our rooms to do last packing and we were ready to check out.
There were many discount cards we could find at the reception counter and many of us were enthusiastically trying to find the right ones we like. But in the end I think I took almost all of the cards. LOL! By the time everyone has already gathered at the lobby already and we received instruction to put our luggage in the room where our instruments were kept.
When we were done keeping all the luggages, we took the buses to our lunch venue. It felt odd because we just had breakfast. But time passed really fast I guess, and it felt great. Because every minute getting closer to home. I'm missing home madly. But ironically, all my friends said they are can't bear to leave Amsterdam. True, the weather is perfect, but I still want my home. Home is still the best.
Lunch was best throughout the whole of 9 days so far. Though it was chinese food again, but at least it was of a higher standard. So, we rather enjoyed it. But i guessed, we were really too sick of it already, we couldn't finish our food.
After lunch was free and easy. 3 and a half hour of shopping time, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I almost died. Everyone knows I hated shopping. But I did managed to get more stuff for my friends. =) Amsterdam really nothing special to buy lo. Sian. 4 girls and LooKit went to find H&M and we shopped for almost 2 hours. After that, WeiLing, Kesha and LooKit wanted to go to the Music shop, so we parted and Amanda and I continued shopping.
We went to the little shop houses and kept seeing the same old things. I find it really difficult to find something to buy, especially when half of what the shop is selling are associated to XXX. And some are really difficult to differentiate whether they are candies or not candies. I don't even want to ask.
LooKit, WeiLing and Kesha had no better luck because Music shop was closed. So they wasted 2.60 euro taking the tram to the music shop and alighting at the wrong station. They overshot. Funny lo. LOL! Poor things. We met again and went to buy Kebab for dinner, because it was not provided. Waiting for our Kebab to be prepared got us late for 2 minutes, but we were not the last. Still late though. Anyway, we took the buses back to the hotel to collect all our stuff and loaded them into the transports.
THEN FINALLY WE'RE GOING TO THE AIRPORT!!!!!!! Reached the Airport and we were left with less than 45 minutes to eat our kebab. I ate very slowly and I still had a few more gifts to buy. So I had no choice but to stuff the kebab in my bags and rushed troubled JunHao to accompany me into the Custom to get my things.
Didn't managed to get what I wanted but I got a reasonable substitute. Waited for Amanda to buy her stuff and we thought we were late. Because we were supposed to meet at the gates at 830pm but we were still running to the gates at 840. It was 8minutes walk from where we were to the gate CAN? But we ran, so it was shorter.
FINALLY went into the plane. And I WAS DAMN HAPPY!!!!! I was seated between Eugene Tan and an AngMo lady. JunHao, Kesha, WeiLing and Lewis were sitting together. But Junhao wanted to sit with Eugene and I wanted to sit with Kesha they all, so we switched seats. Then we got Amanda to switch with Lewis too. So four of us girls are together again! Yay! Poor Uncle LooKit was alone at some pathetic corner. LOL! At least he got the window seat.
Now the time is 1030am Singapore time in the morning and it is -30 degrees outside the plane. We're reaching New Delhi and is only halfway through our flight to Singapore, estimated 4415 miles away. We're going to reach at approximately 3pm to 4pm. Should I be getting any surprises when I touch ground? Okay, I should tell myself to not think of this.
We took off safely and we started watching movie. I watched CSI and it was dumb because it was only half a story and NO MORE! What the hell. Then halfway through HighSchool Musical 3 there was turbulence and I was damn afraid. Held on to my Keke very tightly. It was like half an hour of shaking CAN? Then at one point I could feel the plane getting lower and lower very fast and it was shaking and gosh, I could die.
Tried to focus on the screen but the feelings are uncontrollable. Then I couldn't take it anymore, I turned off the movie and closed my eyes. After quite some time, finally the shaking stopped and I went to sleep. LOL!
Just woke up and I'm writing a post now. IM REACHING SINGAPORE!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
BYE BYE AMSTERDAM AND HELLO SINGAPORE!!!