Sunday, July 26, 2009
Enjoyment
Bye Bye Kerkrade
Today is the day we move out of this freaking hell. Woke up at around 8 to wash up and have breakfast then pack our luggages. After carrying all our luggages out to the gates, we went back up to clean our rooms. Finally, the buses arrived and we loaded our stuff onto the buses. Kind Lewis helped us 'chopped' seats for us and we hurried up the bus. When everything is ready, it is BYE BYE to Kerkrade and the bread and hams! Whoots!!
Travelled from about an hour or so and we were made to pull over at a corner for inspection by the traffic police. The wasn't any problem with the woodwind's bus, but our bus had some complication with the paper works and we had to wait for like 20 minutes plus. So some of us went to the petrol station for toilet breaks and buy stuff to chew on.
Finally we were free and we travelled another hour to Dam Square to change a new bus driver. She was a female driver, so damn cool. While changing a new driver, we went to a chinese restaurant called 'Oriental Restaurant' for lunch. It was damn small and squeezy inside an the food were not very nice. Trumpet section was forced to split up because there wasn't enough tables.
After eating, we went to visit Van Gogh Museum to admire the wonderful pieces of Vincent Vangogh. I shall not write my thoughts about it here, because this is not literature or whatever. But I can say I really enjoyed most of the artworks of Van Gogh. I love especially the blossom trees. Sunflowers were famous but not as appealing for me.
Guys in Amsterdam were damn gentlemen lah! I lost my way in the museum and so I went to take the stairs outside of the museum. Then there were 2 guys infront of me and when they were about to open the door to the 1st level, they saw me at the back. So each of them opened one side of the door then bowed and gestured for me to go in first. I was damn embarassed. Shy, maybe, but they were real gentlemen.
We were supposed to meet outside of the museum at 430 but some were late. So the tour guide took the group of people going for the boat ride away and the rest of us waited for remaining people to come out. Mr Han burst when everyone was out of the museum and warned us if we were to be late again we would not be able to go out anymore and have to stay in our hotel rooms for the rest of the 2 days. But the funny thing was, the people who were late were mostly the boat people. So most of us he scolded were innocent civilians.
Went to walk around the area and took alot of pictures. I bought some souvenirs and a top. =) Happy. Amsterdam really didn't have much that can be bought. I'm struggling to buy gifts for my friends. Sigh.
Went to eat dinner at Nan Tin restaurant, another chinese restaurant and had better food. During the entire trip, we had to take care of 'uncle' LooKit. LOL! He injured his leg when playing frisbee the night before the competition. It was quite serious. But he was enjoying it because he got the pretty nurse, Denise to attend to. LOL! It's worth the pain, right?
After dinner we finally could get to our hotel. Casa Hotel. A rather run down hotel. Room is small, and no bathtub and small tv and blankets with holes. Seriously cannot make it lah! Amanda is my room mate and we are having lots of fun. Both are taurus but she is a total opposite of me. She is the damn hyper type and I have the 'i-want-to-go-home' syndrome. LOL!
We're slacking in our rooms now. The tubists went to red light district. My section will go tomorrow.
I miss Baobao and my family. Just 2 more days! Faster come!!!
Excitement
My section went down to join the others at the pub. Most of them were hardcore drinkers can? Except Kesha and Me. Weiling still dare to try abit. But Kesha and I were absolute no. Junhao was over the head and amanda was also knocking out. WeeOng really can drink man. LOL!
Had alot of fun at the pub watching sports entertainment and playing darts and talking crap. Until around 12 midnight, we went up to LooKit's and Benny's room to use internet. Thanks alot Benny. Before that, Amanda and I went back to our room to get my laptop and during then we had war with lady bug. Gosh, it was damn chaotic, but brave AhDa managed to exterminate it.
Then we got into the men's room, there was an even bigger fly. A freakking bee. So LooKit and Benny were like trying to catch it but it went to hide in some light panel. Then after awhile it came out and LooKit managed to get it and threw it out of the room. I was freaked out.
We were also listening to the pieces we played during the competition. Oh, and my darling Baobao called me! LOL! I love him so much. Seems like his life in Singapore was damn happening. Makes me feel damn jealous. And just mentioning someone makes me even more jealous and sad and mentioning another someone makes me even even more jealous and upset and mentioning how he feels towards them is even even even more upsetting. LOL!
Okay, I know I'm being sensitive, but you cannot blame me what. I'm a girl and I still like to know I'm best and the rest are craps. LOL! Especially being said to be almost similar.
So yeah, I'm going to sleep now and hopefully I could (thick skinned) ask benny to let me use the internet again. Teehee.