Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I loathe school now.

People might have thought that I would be enjoying my TEP, especially when I get to work alongside with a group of Europeans, but being the only Asian girl is not making me feel any better. And what happened on the first day when I met those French mates was just bad enough to make me loathe this entire TEP. And I just realised I am stuck with the same things with my next TEP stopover.

Everything's just SO great!

I just hate the way the foreign students are being treated like kings and queens. Not as if china foreign students get the exact same treatment. But astonishingly, the Europeans got really A++ class treatment from the teachers and supervisors. I feel like swearing!

And being the only NYP student in the group just makes everything SHIT for me! I had to take care of their every necessities and help them with coping with Singaporeans way of life. If there is any error or any troubles with our work, everything is MY FAULT. No one would ever thought of blaming the Ang Mos! And the supervisors would be blasting at me and there goes my "A". I am just like a maid to them lah! Always doing alot of shit work but never get my credit due.

And they get so MUCH of privileges, it's just so unfair!

They get longer lunch hour breaks, they get to dress however they like and the supervisors would just be closing one eye. They can come late for work, and they can leave earlier if they had nothing to do.

WHAT??
Are we Asians, slaves?

I don't mean to be mean, but if they made the German guy the leader of the group, at least train him to be a useful leader. He is as lost as the rest of the group. How is this team going to work? I am really doubtful and really stress.

It's not like we asked or even wanted to be in a part of the changing phase of the new shopping arcade.

I mean, TEP is good.
But if they are abusing their own local students like this instead of protecting them, I really see no sense in doing all these shits that I'm doing now. What exactly am I benefiting? How are we even graded? I am doing LOADS of shits as compared to the others. Everyone in my main team is bored in the office and I'm the only one slaving away and ENTERTAINING the Ang Mos!

The leader knows nothing about our project and they are just bombarding me with loads of questions. I'm NOT the leader, and I don't freaking get DIRECT INSTRUCTIONS or even a briefing from the head supervisors. But why am I bearing all the responsibilities?

DAMN TEP!